Friday, October 23, 2009

Late Night



My fascination with late night can be traced all the way back to the Francisco Torres dorms. For you non-guachos (welcome to the club Reg), a late night food service was offered once a twice a week where you could go and get hot dogs, burgers, brownies and sodas. Unfortunately for me and my fell Franciscan Torrens, the treck all the way to the DLG seemed humanly impossible, especially for a shitty burger. Nonetheless, my curiosity remained about this late night culture, however, when i left the dorms, I presumed this was the end of the term "late night." I was wrong. Last year at the corner house, there were some crazy nights, and even crazier late nights. Race has even been often quoted wishing that a party would end sooner just so late night would start. However, the only time i have been a part of an entire late night session, I was passed out on the couch and was used as a canvas. Although I understand the basic premise--take a few more shots, smoke some bowls, eat a bunch of food, make a huge mess and leave lots of dishes, and group shower with nethery and Depuey--i never could find a rhyme or reason to all of the shenanigans that ensue in between these standard activities. So, when i woke up this morning and learned Young Jimms had burnt danielles shoes on the stove top last night, I realized this was the perfect time to further analyze his action and reveal a motive. Upon hours of critical thought, I realized there was none, and thats when it hit me. Late night is entropy. Constant sponatiety that follows no logical thought process, and that is its beauty. Hopefully I'll get to enjoy a late night one of these days, but until then heres a vidoe of burning shoes.

3 comments:

Flowerchild said...

i wish our blog had i like button. what has this world come to.

ck said...

wow. i thought the exact same thing der der.
on a side note...another quality article by the dk...possibly our most consistent writer.
as for making it to late night...try two of those red bull energy shots at about midnight. you will make it. i promise.

goose said...

dab news dk...dudes with girlfriends don't get to take part in late night. I missed out on a solid year and a half of late nights cuz I was locked up