Sunday, November 8, 2009

GP's Pick of the Week

Fuelled with inspiration from my most recent post, I have decided to start a weekly contribution to the blog that involves me recomending some truly dope music. I have started a new endevor in my life where I buy one new cd a week, alternating from rap, punk, metal, and a random genre every 4th week. While my selections for the blog will not always correspond with that week's purchase, I will do my best to intergrate the 2 when possible. For anyone wondering, the innagural purchase was a special edition, remastered version of Snopp Doggy Dogg's first cd "Doggy Style". There is not one bad track on the cd. Snoop's classic, non-chalant delivery combined with the fire of a new career, classic West Coast style and some of Dr. Dre's best production and beat making work make "Doggy Style" one of the better rap cd's I have ever listen to. In other news, this weeks "Pick of the Week" comes from the East Coast, from the 80's Jazz rap duo Gang Starr, one of the best rap duos to every lay down a track. This particular song feautres some bars from my main man, Inspectah Deck (my personal choice for the most underrated member of the Wu-Tang Clan). Sick flows and sick beats.

Happy Listening,
GP

1 comment:

Jimms said...

Ya we'll see how long this lasts...