Saturday, February 16, 2013

DC Chillen

Jimmy and I had a nice face-time chat this morning and he inspired me to finish a post that I have been working on. I have been having an awesome time out on the East Coast. But I am definitely feeling that West Coast pull. I'll probably be back out the Cali way sooner rather than later. But for now, I am here and doing great. Gonna post some pictures of some really cool shit that has happened to me over the past couple of months...

Part 1: Doin' Work in DC


Picture from the inauguration. It was cold as shit that day and we had to stand around and wait for a long time, but it was definitely worth it. I got to witness a piece of American history that I will never forget. And no, I don't know who that old women is.


Close up shot of the Capitol from Inauguration. 


Snuck my way on to the set of Face the Nation. John McCain right thur.

I bet that you fellow Hiplecticans have no idea what I actually do for work. Most people think I work for a radio station, which is pretty far off. Basically, my company specializes in getting our clients exposure on the radio and television. For my first really big project, I managed all of the radio outreach for an event called the No Labels: Meeting to Make America Work. Check them out, its a pretty cool idea and group of people. Anyway, the following pictures are from that project and another No Labels project I just ran at the Capitol.



One of our satellite TV set ups in New York


Joe Manchin, Democratic Senator from WV and Jon Huntsman. No Labels is all about crossing party lines to work together, and the meeting in New York was to announce these two as the new faces of the No Labels movement.


Snagged a pic of Paul Ryan at the Capitol.


Morning after the State of the Union. My company was hired again by No Labels to set up television interviews for about 20 different congressmen in their local districts. We had one camera and were beaming out interviews to all over the country. It was dope.


Cheri Bustos, a freshman member of the House from some bumfuck district in Illinios. You may not be able to tell here, but she is pretttttttttty fine for a congresswomen. 


Ya boy in front of the Capitol the morning after the state of the union. It was very, very sunny.

Part 2: Hoop DREAMS.


I use the phrase hoop dreams a lot, but this was about as good as it gets. Long story short: My boss knows the coach of the Sacramento Kings, my favorite team growing up. I just worked my ass off for the first No Labels project and killed it, so my boss hooked it up. We went out to dinner with him the night before the Kings played the Wizards and I ran into the entire Miami Heat team (who were coincidentally there to visit the White House) in the lobby of the hotel. I asked Lebron for a pic and he punked the shit out of me, but then I saw Bosh a little later and he was way cooler.


The kings coach hooked it up with these Media passes. Pretty much let us do whatever we wanted.


Cheesin, pretending I'm cool at the pre-game pres conference.


No zoom here fellas. Sat courtside like a boss.


One of the sickest parts of the night: My boss was playfully heckling the ref all night. During a time out, my boss half-jokingly tells the ref to toss him the ball. I was barely paying attention, but the next thing I knew the ref fed me a perfect bounce pass and I was holding the fucking game ball in my hands. Unreal.


Then, the night gets even sicker. Kings win on a buzzer beater. Right after the game, we go into the locker-room before any other media and get to hear the coaches dissect the game and hear the head coach talk to the team. Then, I walked around the locker room and talked to literally every player. It was insane, most of them were really cool about it. 


Jimmmer. 




Demarcus Cousins (Yes, I look like a clown)


Tyreke Evans (Yes, I look like a clown)


Definitely one of the coolest nights of my entire life.


 Part 3: Misc



Wine tasting in the middle of nowhere in Virginia.



Where I spend most of my Sunday afternoons.



I got two of my favorite Banksy prints for a little adult decor. They really tie the room together.


Thats it for now boys. I miss all yall and hope to see you soon.

GP

1 comment:

Jimms said...

2 important points.

1) ur sister is BEAUTIFUL
2) i thought you worked for a radio station so thanks for clearing that up

Dunc and i are sitting here thoroughly enjoying this epic post. THIS IS WHAT THE BLOG IS ABOUT

you freakin rock you weirdly smiling freak of an awesome human being