Thursday, August 5, 2010

Recovery

So for as much entertainment, agony, pain, headaches, and giggles Young Abels caused--it was clear that he had gotten derailed from his path and was going through some tough times. Nonetheless, I checked out his blog (lastofthediehards.blogspot.com) and saw a solid update and what seems like a big step to getting back to the kid we new freshmen year. Keep it up my man if your out there reading in HIPLECTICland.

Pasadena Recovery Center
"More Dead Than Alive"

I am hysterically stoked about my stay at the 'celebrity rehab' center located a mere 40 minutes from my boys and girl. Ripping on the b-list failures next door is hilarious. I simply kick it all day with awesomely chill people from all kinds of backgrounds and am learning a whole lot about my past addictions. When I arrived I only admitted to Anger Management (the only other guy is Vin Diesel's homie) but now, fuck, I'm an "addict" - narcotics anyone?

I am also stoked to share all the horrific/entertaining stories AA members provide, there is only 3 required 1 hour sessions - and no, I have NOT quit smoking cigarettes,which will be a concern maybe three to twenty years down the road...

My counselor is an absolute genius who just puts me in my place with her hand and has provided a Buddhist AA program and damn I just wish I tried acupuncture earlier in my life cause it is my new addiction. Her son's experience, which whom she
identified only at the end of her brutal story, has not only allowed her to resonate with my injury/experience, but to pinpoint precisely where I am coming from. An extreme sports athlete, he crashed in a bike accident and lost all nerve control in his right arm, used meth/alcohol to get over it, but after treatment, is pursuing both a counseling and psychology Masters as well as continuing to snowboard, wake board, etc. Inspirational.

I'll be here for the next approx 26 days (this week flew by) which will suck when I have to leave this resort. Cannot wait to see my boys so hit me up if you're free to visit so I can put y'all on the guest list! While there is always forgiveness, contempt is forever - guess I totally won this war.

PS: DO NOT GO TO JAIL HOLY SHIT IT SUCKS SO FUCKING BAD

No comments: